Each year the Institute for International Liberal Education at Bard College awards approximately $300,000 in scholarships to 70 percent of students participating in our study abroad programs. The following scholarships are available:Civic Engagement ScholarshipsUp to $3,000 per scholarship, up to 2 scholarships awarded each semester
Civic engagement scholarships are awarded to students whose participation in the program will enable them to further a related civic engagement project, including but not limited to student-led initiatives, community action projects, and/or-in-depth research for a thesis or intended for publication.
Diversity ScholarshipsUp to $10,000 per scholarship, up to 2 scholarships awarded each semester
Diversity scholarships are awarded to students demonstrating financial need who are traditionally under-represented in study abroad, including but not limited to the following:
- Economically disadvantaged students
- African-American/black students
- Asian Students
- Hispanic/Latino Students
- Multi-racial/ethnic students
- Indigenous/Native-American students
- Students with disabilities
- First-generation college students
Up to $10,000 per scholarship, up to 2 scholarships awarded each semester
Heritage scholarships are awarded to students demonstrating financial need and who are of Hungarian heritage.IILE ScholarshipsTypical scholarship awards range from $500 to $5,000
IILE scholarships are available to students demonstrating financial need. Applications are particularly encouraged from students who meet the following criteria:
- Tuition at home institution is significantly lower than Bard’s tuition rate; and/or
- Financial aid and/or institutional scholarships cannot be transferred towards participation in the program.
For more information on scholarships offered by Bard College and other possible scholarship opportunities, please review our scholarship guide.